The Amarillo Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will host a series of community meetings to discuss Amarillo’s 2020-2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). The MTP contains 25 years of federally funded and regionally significant non-federally funded projects with cost estimates and funding sources.
Meetings will be held from 5 – 7 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 10 – Southwest Branch Amarillo Public Library, 6801 W. 45th St.
- Monday, May 21 – East Branch Amarillo Public Library, 2232 E. 27th Ave.
- Thursday, May 24 – Cole Community Center, 300 N. 16th St., Canyon, TX
- Monday, June 4 – North Branch Amarillo Public Library, 1500 N.E. 24th Ave.
- Monday, June 11 – Northwest Branch Amarillo Public Library, 6100 W. 9 th Ave.
These open house styled meetings are structured to be come and go to help ensure the specific areas of conversation may be discussed at any time. Those areas include safety, freight, highways, bicycles and pedestrian pathways, and transit.
The MTP is in development to guide future implementation of transportation projects, the first four years of which are outlined in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). Both the TIP and MTP are financially constrained planning documents which require projects within the MPO’s boundaries to be eligible for federal funding. The Loop 335 project is a large part of the MTP’s documented information.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit comments to assist in the development of the MTP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 378-6403. Copies of the current MTP documents are available for review in room 237 of the Simms Municipal Building, 808 S. Buchanan
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - Former tennis player Ilie Nastase was…
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel called on the European Union on Friday to…
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - Police in New Jersey say a yacht hosting a high…