Amarillo, Texas -
AMARILLO -- Cleanup at the Amarillo Civic Center Complex continued through the weekend. Inventory and damage assessment is currently underway.
Most of the equipment and supplies affected by the flooding have been removed to areas outside of the facility. Other points of note:
- The bulk of standing water hasbeen pumped out of the facility.
- Mud continues to be removed from the facility.
- The ramp has been temporarily repaired, allowing crews access to the areas impacted.
- Carpet and turf have been removed from the facility.
- Mechanical and electrical components are still under assessment. Crews will work to restore electricity to the facility and get temporary water service to the facility as soon as possible.
- No additional events have been canceled. Civic Center Complex staff will continue to work with events as timelines for electric and water service are established.
For the time being, the entire facility is open to authorized personnel only.
Additionally, the Civic Center Complex’s administrative offices are operating at another location this week. The box office is operating out of the Globe-News Center box office, located at the south entrance to the Globe-News Center. It is open from Noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Call (806) 378-4297 during regular business hours for questions pertaining to future bookings and events.
Christopher Garza, 44, has been shot and killed by law enforcement…
Police say they were called to a home on the 4500 block of Goodnight…
- Borger Police Department are…