Amarillo, Texas -
AMARILLO -- Council members also heard from citizens on a proposed tax increase and the coming years budget.
Today was the first public hearing on the proposed rate increase with three more planned.
The next will be at next weeks meeting on the second..
And the third hearing and first reading of the budget and tax ordinance is on the ninth.
The second and final reading of the budget and tax ordinance will be during the meeting on the 16th.
- Tuesday, August 19 - first reading on remaining three PID budgets
- Tuesday, August 26 - first hearing on tax rate
- Tuesday, September 2 - Night meeting - second hearing on tax rate
- Tuesday, September 9 - first hearing on the budget; first reading of budget and tax rate ordinance
- Tuesday, September 16 - second budget hearing; second reading of budget and tax rate ordinance.
Canyon is seeing a decrease in overall crime but more aggravated…
The Amarillo Fire Department was called to a fire on South Grand this…
200 High Plains customers are still without power as of Friday afternoon.