At 12:40 p.m. the Amarillo Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a residence on 1100 block of N. Taylor.
Crews arrived on scene in four minutes and found a single story residence with heavy fire coming from the rear of the structure.
A Dodge pickup parked in the rear of the house was on fire as well.
Crews knocked down the exterior fire then made entry to search for any occupants and any fire extension inside the building. The fire was just starting to extend into the rear of the home, into the kitchen and dining room area.
The fire was called under control under 20 minutes later.
The house was unoccupied when the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
The Amarillo Fire Marshal's office responded and ruled the cause as accidental, with the area of origin being an extension cord running to a washing machine on the exterior of the home.
Damages from the fire, including the vehicle, are estimated at $13,000.
Billy Glenn Ivy Jr. was arrested again last week in connection with…
At approximately 1 p.m., the Pampa Junior High School Resource…