The National Weather Service Forecast Office in Amarillo, Texas is proud to announce the 2017 Severe Weather Ready Nation Poster Contest
Who is eligible?
Children enrolled in Kindergarten through 5th grade for the 2016-2017 school year within the Oklahoma or Texas Panhandles.
What are the requirements? (Posters must meet the following criteria):
- Be original and drawn by hand. No copyrighted/trademarked characters or material.
- Size of the poster can range from 8.5"x11" up to 18"x24" (landscape or portrait oriented).
- Attach the official entry form to the back of each poster submitted.
- Entries must be received no later than March 31, 2017.
How will posters be judged?
- Creativity, originality, and effective messaging with at least one Severe Weather Ready tip.
- First place in each category (K-1, 2-3, and 4-5) will be awarded a unique prize.
- Posters will be displayed during Severe Weather Expo on Saturday, April 8th (10 am - 5 pm) at the Amarillo Civic Center! Winners will be announced at the event around 3 pm.
- For ideas on how to be severe weather ready, check out: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/thunderstorm/
- Posters will not be returned to students unless requested by the artist or teacher.
- The artist allows the NWS to post a reproduction of the poster on the NWS Amarillo Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/NWSAmarillo). Public recognition information will be in accordance with all child protection laws.
- If you have any questions, please email Chris Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mike Gittinger (email@example.com), or call (806) 335-1121
How to Submit a Poster
Teachers and Parents:
- Please complete the form. We suggest teachers complete the upper section of the form and
- duplicate the form for distribution to your students.
- Ensure that each student's name, age, and grade level are provided on the bottom section of
- the form.
- Attach the completed form to the back of each child's poster.
- Do not write any identifying information on the front of the poster.
All entries must be received by March 31, 2017.
You can drop posters off at the National Weather Service Office in Amarillo or mail them with
completed form attached to:
National Weather Service
1900 English Road
Amarillo, TX 79108
This is the same path taken recently that helped shut down three…
The new entertainment center will feature bowling, multi-level laser…
An Amarillo man accused of being tied to a murder-for-hire case is…